Join Our Team
Staff journalists are a paid staff position at each of our camps during the summer camp season (up to 9 weeks, June – July). As a camp journalist your primary goal is to connect the life changing experiences of camp to the parents and churches back at home to extend the ministry and impact well beyond the grounds of camp.
The ideal applicant will have a portfolio/examples of their previous work. Applicants without a portfolio will be asked to create and submit a 3 minute human interest story. (Please note: many of the skills can be learned and refined quickly by someone who already has proficiency in some of the areas below.) Skills & experience include:
- Training/background in journalism, photography, video or news.
- Practical knowledge of Creative Digital Storytelling
- Experience shooting photography and/or video on a DSLR Camera.
- Software experience including: Photo Editing Software (Aperture, Photoshop, etc.), Video Editing Software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Avid), Blog authoring (WordPress), Microsoft Office, etc.
- Producer Skills – Organized, Well Planned, Effective Time Management, Driven, Productivity in Autonomy